This article is a step-by-step guide on how to playback on iDMSS or gDMSS app (the app made by Dahua). If you have a Dahua DVR or NVR (Dahua CCTV), or any Dahua re-branded recorder, this tutorial will show you how to playback and search your CCTV footage.
IDMSS Lite / gDMSS Lite Downloading the App 1) Download the remote viewing app from the App Store. Simply search ‘iDMSS Lite’ for Apple and ‘gDMSS Lite’ for Android. Mobile Configuration 1) Open the app and navigate to the Device Manager by selecting the menu item in the top left of screen. GDMSS Lite is basically the lite or toned down version of the gDMSS Pro app that is loaded with more features. Although this app is the lite version, it has almost all the features required to control and manage the security and surveillance devices connected to it. Apr 20, 2019 - Learn how to download and install gDMSS LITE on your PC, Windows, Mac. Step by step guide to run gDMSS LITE app on your computer and laptop. Android Surveillance Software gDMSS Plus, Android Phone Remote Surveillance Software, which support Push Alarm, Video Playback, Invisible Task wheel, Finger Gesture, Windows Slide and so on. Attention: If you want to use the 'Push Alarm' function,make sure of the above points: 1. Make sure your device and phone can access internet.
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS ( version 3.50.000 and newer)
Android Surveillance Software gDMSS Plus, Android Phone Remote Surveillance Software, which support Push Alarm, Video Playback, Invisible Task wheel, Finger Gesture, Windows Slide and so on. Attention: If you want to use the 'Push Alarm' function,make sure of the above points: 1. Make sure your device and phone can access internet.
Download Gdmss Lite For Laptop
1. Open up your up phone app (iDMSS for iPhone/iPad, gDMSS for Android). From the home screen select “Camera”.
2. Select the Menu Icon (three lines) and then select “Playback”.
3. On the screen, click the + icon to add a device on the playback mode.
4. Choose a beginning date and time and end date and time. Try to be relatively precise.
5. Toggle on to choose record type. ( All, Regular, Alarm, and Motion Detect). Select All if you’re not sure what mode is your CCTV system set to record to.
6. Select a device from the list to playback. In this case, a device is a camera. So select a camera from the list. Once selected, the app will search your pre-set timeframe and show you the footage.
Instructions for iDMSS/gDMSS (version 3.40.003)
1. From the Live View page tap on the top left hand corner. This will bring you to the home page. On the Home page tab the Playback option.
2. In the Playback screen, tap on the first box for video. (Tap over the plus sign).
3. This will bring up the device list menu.
4. Determine and select the start time for the playback. Determine and select the ending time for the playback. Basically set your playback timeframe. After that, select your camera (from the camera list).
5. The camera will come up with the playback. Here you can maneuver the timeline to get the point that you want to watch. With the play buttons you are able to Fast forward, slow down and go the next segment of video.
Note: this guide works for Dahua and their OEMs sold under these brands: Activecam, Advidia, Amcrest, Ameta, Ascendent, Backstreet Surveillance, BV Security, CCTV Security Pros, CCTV Star, CP Plus (Orange Line), Dax Networks, eLine, ENS (formerly Eastern CCTV and SavvyTech), Expose, Lorex, GSS, Honeywell, IC Realtime, Ikegami, Impath Networks, Inaxsys, IndigoVision, Infinity CCTV, Innekt, Intelbras, KBVision, Lumixen, Maxron, Montavue, Oco, Optiview, Rhodium, RVI, Saxco, Security Camera King (Elite), Space Technology, Speco, ToughDog, Tyco Holis, Tyco Illustra Essentials, Unisight, VIP Vision, Watchnet, Winic, Zuum.
What are iDMSS and gDMSS?
DMSS (Digital Mobile Surveillance System) is an application for mobile phones and tablets, which allows you to centrally manage various security devices. It is the official application of the Dahua brand, reference manufacturer in CCTV, and is also compatible with all products of the X-Security brand. On the DMSS version for PC, it does not exist under that name since it was replaced some time ago by the Smart PSS software. Also, for PC, we recommend the Dahua Tool Box utilities suite.
How to download the applications?
Gdmss Lite Online Booking
The prefix 'g' or 'i' differentiates the applications destined to Android and iPhone / iPad and thus we will find them in the official Google Play and App Stores:
- gDMSS and gDMSS HD: Complete versions of the applications for Android mobile and tablet respectively.
- gDMSS Lite and gDMSS HD Lite: Basic and free versions of the above.
- iDMSS and iDMSS Lite: Complete and reduced versions for iPhone
- iDMSS HD and iDMSS HD Lite: Full and reduced versions for iPad
To date, DMSS Plus was paid while the Lite version was free. The differences between DMSS Lite and Plus are: E-Map (visual and functional installation plans), alarm management and Push notifications. Currently there is no need to choose since Dahua has published the Plus version totally free. In addition, this publication is already adapted to the new regulations GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
In the same way, you can download the software that would be equivalent to the DMSS version for PC in the Visiotech Academy, within the section referring to the X-Security brand.
Gdmss Lite Online Shop
What features do these apps offer?
The mentioned applications have undergone several updates that improve their functioning and increase their capacities, so that sometimes, it is difficult to follow all the news. Therefore, let's see a small summary of what they offer us in the management of our video surveillance devices:
Integration of other security devices
The main novelty is the ability to manage in a single app, both CCTV devices, access control and alarm systems of the manufacturer Dahua.
Among other options, they can be located within a local network (WiFi or LAN), add devices via IP / Domain, DDNS and P2P (Easy4IP and Lechange). This last option allows adding devices by QR code scanning and even a complete list of devices, very useful to migrate from the Lite app to the Plus version in a single operation. With possibility of favourite devices.
Live viewing and playback of stored recordings and clips
Live, to access and capture the live video of the added devices, combining channels and cameras. Playback, to consult, capture, trim and extract the recorded videos. In turn, clips and captures can be viewed from the smartphone's memory.
It allows to modify the coding (resolution and ratio of images), image adjustments, movement control of PTZ cameras or with motorized Zoom, bidirectional audio communication with the device and display of quadrants, as more interesting functions.
Notifications and events
The detection events generated by the devices are listed and notified in the app through push notifications. These consist of instant and free alerts supported by the devices and to which we can subscribe easily, according to the type of detection selected.
Cloud recording, Cloud Storage services
The next updates will allow the recording of video in the cloud under a subscription service, with rates per channel for recording of 3, 7 or 30 days, and only for cameras that support this functionality.
Live demo available
We take this opportunity to remind you that Visiotech offers its customers a Demo of an X-Security recorder with a neutral image, in order to show the potential of the system to any interested party, as well as the use of Dahua's iDMSS and gDMSS applications.