Flag as inappropriate. Could I connect my console (PS4, Xbox, Switch) to the monitor. Asked about: LG UltraFine 5K Display. (could I connect my console (PS4, Xbox, Switch) to the monitor) 1 Answer. (could I connect my console (PS4, Xbox, Switch) to the monitor) Will my PS4 be able to drive this monitor with the proper. I've been spending months looking for a solution to use my iMac as an external monitor for my PS4 to play on. I've looked into capture cards and discovered that this company's capture card claims that they've added support for Macs. Nov 20, 2018 - Find out how you can easily play PS4 games on your PC or Mac using PS4. I bought this so that I could use my 2018 27' iMac as a monitor for my PS4. It works brilliantly! I run their Game Capture HD software in full screen with the controller connected to my PS4 and there's no lag at all - crisp, smooth graphics and no sound issues. TL;DR The Avermedia Extremecap u3 works great for playing PS4 on the iMac with Retina 5k display.Why this video?I couldn't find much info when I was looking. With your external display (s) connected, launch System Preferences Displays. On your primary display (i.e., your MacBook or iMac screen), click the “Arrangement” tab. All detected displays are visible on the diagram. Click and hold on a display to show a red outline on the corresponding monitor.
Find out how many displays you can connect
You can connect one or more external displays depending on your Mac model. To find out how many external displays your Mac supports, check its technical specifications page:
- Choose Apple menu > About This Mac, double-click your serial number, then press Command-C to copy it.
- Go to the Tech Specs page, click the Search Tech Specs bar, press Command-V to enter your computer's serial number, then click Search.
- Click the specs page for your Mac. The number of displays your Mac supports appears under Video Support or Graphics.
If you're using a Mac with Apple silicon:
- You can connect one external display to your Mac using either of the Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports. On iMac and Mac mini, connect your display to either of the ports with the Thunderbolt symbol .
- On Mac mini (M1, 2020), you can connect a second display to the HDMI port.
- Using docks or daisy chaining devices doesn't increase the number of displays you can connect.
How To Use My Mac As A Monitor For Ps4
Connect your display
Connect your display to power, then connect your display to your Mac. Check the ports on your Mac to find out whether you need an adapter.
If you use an external keyboard and mouse with your Mac notebook, you can close the built-in display after you connect your external display. You might have to press a key or click your mouse to wake the external display.
If your external display doesn't turn on after you connect it to your Mac, connect your display while your Mac is off, then wake or turn on your Mac.
How To Use Imac As A Monitor For Ps4 Games
If you have an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2–enabled smart TV, you can use your TV as a separate display for your Mac. Learn how to use AirPlay to mirror or extend your Mac display.