The most popular streaming platform for Twitch, YouTube and Facebook. Cloud-based and used by 70% of Twitch. Grow with Streamlabs Open Broadcast Software (OBS), alerts, 1000+ overlays, analytics, chatbot, tipping, merch and more. Download Streamlabs OBS to have full control of your widgets. You can integrate them seamlessly with Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook. The ultimate resource for live streaming. Tutorials and guides to help you learn how to live stream. Join 248,000+ members in our Discord community! Free Professional Open Broadcaster Software for Live Streaming and Recording. Download Streamlabs. Free Win 240MB. We're free and open source on. Broadcast your live stream to Twitch, YouTube, or Facebook. Selective Recording.
The popular live streaming software Streamlabs has officially launched for the Mac today. The Logitech-owned company announced that eager users can now use Streamlabs OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) for Mac in beta, and there’s integration with Twitch, YouTube, and more.
In a blog post, Streamlabs says that the new app for macOS aims to help streamers create the most impactful presence online.” If you’ve used Streamlabs on a Windows PC, you can expect many similarities with the new Mac version. The goal is to make it easy for streams to broadcast, engage with fans, and more, from within a single application.
For instance, Streamlabs OBS for Mac offers the company’s popular Auto Optimizer feature. This allows streams to analyze their internet speed and computer hardware to ensure as seamless of a streaming experience as possible. There’s also support for importing settings from other broadcasting software.
Streamlabs integrates with platforms including Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook. This allows streamers to customize the experience and monetize their content across each of those platforms. Streamlabs OBS itself is free-to-use.
Here are some of the features of the Streamlabs OBS beta for Mac:
- Custom Donation Alerts: Tailor-make the look of on-screen alerts and encourage donations by customizing the layout, animation, message, text, image and more
- Engaging Widgets:Over a dozen engaging widgets designed to increase viewer participation and improve monetization
- Video Encoding Optimization: A machine learning system encodes video games, giving streamers the ability to reduce CPU usage by more than 20% while retaining the same video quality
- Selective Recording:Pick and choose the sources that appear in a recorded video of your live broadcast
- Cloudbot Moderation Tools:Protect from spam in the chat or add entertaining features like mini-games, polls, loyalty points and more
- Premium Overlay Themes:Over 250 free overlay themes made from the best designers in the business
- Integrated Chat:An integrated chat window within the software to help streamers keep track of all the viewer chatter on their channel
- Merch Store:Streamlabs merch store feature gives live streamers the ability to customize an assortment of different products with their own logos and sell them on stream at no cost to them.
You can download the Streamlabs beta for Mac here and learn more in the company’s announcement blog post.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links.More.
OBS Studio is one of the most (if not the most) popular app used when a user wants to stream live video. Whether you want to stream to Twitch or YouTube, OBS is the software that people turn to. Twitch recently released Twitch Studio (Windows only) which should be a viable alternative to OBS.
Table of Contents
While OBS has had a high recommendation from streamers, it isn't the easiest to learn or even look at. The UI could be much improved; it doesn't scale well for HiDPI screens. It doesn't add many features besides the main streaming and scenes tools.
Streamlabs OBS (lovingly named SLOBS) was my favorite streaming app on Windows. It has now made its way over to Mac! SLOBS is an open source streaming software built on OBS and Electron.
Compare SLOBS to the OBS interface.
Streamlabs to the Rescue
Streamlabs is a company that has provided all the tools necessary for streamers. They recently got bought by Logitech and that is two of my favorite companies joining forces!
- The main streaming app
- A much improved UI
- Live chat built into the app
- A feed of events in the app
- Ability to stream to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Mixer
- Ability to stream to multiple places at once
- Chatbot built in
- Alerts for feed events
- Hardware encoding
The amount of improvements that Streamlabs has made to OBS are impressive. The amount of services they've added around streaming are also useful.
You can update your alert themes so your stream can have popups whenever you get a new follower or subscriber.
We can stream to multiple places at once!
We can update the look of our stream with themes:
Chatbot is built in.
There is also a store where you can add plugins to your stream. I'll be using Pretzel to add background music.
Streamlabs OBS Is My Favorite Streaming App
Streamlabs OBS is an all-in-one live streaming app to help all streamers build up their streams. The main tool they provide is their version of OBS.
Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS) is the same code as OBS but improved functionality and UI.
Streamlabs makes it incredibly easy to get started with streaming. I was bummed when I switched over to macOS and found that SLOBS isn't on Mac... until now! I have been using Ecamm Live in the meantime but it's had performance issues for me.
Check out the video for a walkthrough of SLOBS, the tool I'll be using to stream from now on.
Like this article? Follow @chris__sev on Twitter